About Us

About Us

In 1958 the Interdenominational Theological Center (The ITC) was founded as a joint initiative of four seminaries: the Baptist-affiliated Morehouse School of Religion, the United Methodist-affiliated Gammon Theological Seminary, Turner Theological Seminary (African Methodist Episcopal), and Phillips School of Theology (Christian Methodist Episcopal). John D. Rockefeller, Jr. established The Sealantic Fund to support theological education and this was a major source of financial support. Instruction began in September 1959 with 21 faculty members and 97 students. Gammon’s campus was the home of the ITC until its own facilities were completed in 1961. The combined institution quickly won accreditation from the AATS, which had previously accredited Gammon. Dr. Harry Van Buren Richardson, the president of Gammon Theological Seminary, became the first president of ITC, serving in that position from 1959 to 1968. View historical photos now and learn more about the history of the institution. Gain additional info by viewing ITC Quick Facts and the school’s accreditation. Check out the ITC Blog for a theological leadership perspective related to current public discourse.

Related Pages

History

History

View

Degree Programs

Degree Programs

View

Visit Campus

Visit Campus

View