Financial Aid Process
Applicants for financial aid must complete two financial aid applications. The ITC‘s financial aid application must be submitted each year to the institution’s Financial Aid Office. Each applicant must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and mail it directly to the Federal.
- File your FAFSA as soon after October 1st as possible, noting the Interdenominational Theological Center, Code #001568 on the form.
- For priority consideration of our aid programs, the FAFSA should be received at the federal processor by December 1st.
- Apply online at fafsa.ed.gov. If you applied previously, you should have a PIN. You can request a PIN at http://www.pin.ed.gov if you don’t already have one.
Note: The ITC’s FAFSA code is G01568.
- Beginning with the 2017-218 Award Year, students may complete the FAFSA as early as October 1 using tax information from the prior year. Because of this change in filing date, students should use “actual” tax information to meet the December 1st priority deadline by sing the FAFSA Data Retrieval Tool when completing the FAFSA Form.
- If you do not want to use FAFSA on the Web, you can obtain a paper version by calling 1-800-4FEDAID.
Student Aid Report (SAR) From the Federal Processor
- You will receive an e-mail to access Student Aid Report (SAR) information after you send in your FAFSA. (If an e-mail address was not supplied, a paper SAR will be mailed).
- You must make any corrections requested on the form and mail or transmit it back as directed.
- You should correct any estimated income data when actual data is available, correct your name (which should match the name the Social Security Administration has for you), social security number and date of birth if inaccurate.
Financial Aid Award Notices
- ITC begins sending award notices in the spring and continues through the summer.
- The award notice shows you the types and amount of aid you are eligible to receive.
- Your award may be an estimate until we complete the review of your FAFSA information or the review for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Award notices are sent electronically through ITC e-mails and PowerCampus.
- You may accept or decline your award offer by completing and returning the ITC Accept/Decline Award Offer Form.
- Unaccepted awards are subject to cancellation.
- You may be asked at any time to submit documents or other information to be used in the review of your application.
- Please respond to any request as soon as possible.
- A review of your file may be delayed until all requested documents are submitted.
- The volume of material to be reviewed is substantial and we appreciate your patience during the review process.
Scholarships are available through the ITC’s constituent denominations. Students can contact the president/dean for information on denominational aid. Federal funds are available through the ITC Financial Aid Office. Completed applications must be submitted to the ITC’s Financial Aid Office within three months of enrollment.
Application for financial aid is a separate process from the application for admission. For priority consideration, you must meet financial aid deadlines. Your FAFSA must be dated and received by the Federal Processor by December 1st even if you don’t know whether you will be accepted for admission. To qualify for financial aid, you must be admitted to ITC in an approved degree program and meet minimum enrollment requirements.
How to Submit Application Forms
Forms may be submitted online or via US mail, email or fax. In an effort to safeguard your personal information, the office prefers that forms be submitted online or faxed. Our fax number is (404) 614-6334. The Financial Aid mailing address is 700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, S.W., Atlanta, GA 30314, and our general email account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the ITC’s financial aid application please contact the office of Financial Aid at (404) 527-7724.