Specialist and proven leader in marketing and communicating brand messages to engage public and private sector audiences. Excellent media relations, corporate communications, project management, writing, budgeting and event management skills. Champion of information security awareness programs, demand generation campaigns and unique user experiences.
- Experienced in JIRA/Agile, Asana and Basecamp project management. Skilled with social media tools, WordPress, and Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, OneNote, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, and Skype.
- Marketing SME for digital campaigns, events, marketing programs, new products/services development and launch, national promotions, customer satisfaction and quality programs.
- Successful development and execution of customer-centric marketing initiatives that deliver brand loyalty, positive digital experiences, integrated campaigns across web, mobile, email, apps and kiosks to nurture new business.
- Over 30 years proven marketing and PR experience, and over 20 years training and curriculum design experience.
- Over 16 years of consulting for diverse corporate, healthcare and nonprofit organizations with partners that include: Microsoft, McDonalds, AT&T, The Coca-Cola Company, ExxonMobil, Wells Fargo, Aetna, GM, Wal-Mart, CDC, AARP, Atmos Energy, Henry Schein Cares, and the cities of Atlanta and Dallas.
Certificate in Digital Marketing, Harvard Extension School – Division of Continuing Education, Cambridge, MA 10/7/14
M.S. in Human Resource Management and Development, National-Louis University, Wheeling, IL 8/31/98
Concentration: Performance Improvement, including Adult Learning Models
B.A. in Interpersonal and Public Communication, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 8/18/84
Concentration: Marketing and Advertising
Director of Marketing and Communications • Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC), 06/2017- Present, Atlanta, GA
Providing leadership for internal communications while managing external marketing and PR initiatives that are critical to advancing the reputation and external profile of the institution and its seminaries. Responsible for the production of creative and compelling marketing plans, communications plans, written, graphic and video content for deployment in print and electronic media, including traditional, web-based and social media formats that move seamlessly across channels and platforms, to connect with internal and external audiences. Develop and manage all web content. Also supporting the Office of Institutional Advancement’s grant proposal efforts.
Integrated Marketing Communications Manager IV • Pyramid Consulting (Kimberly Clark), 03/2016-01/2017, Roswell, GA
Developed information security awareness initiatives for the cyber security & assurance department, managing program and content development, promotions and internal communications. Managed branding and integration across website, collateral, digital newsletters, C-Level messaging, and training. Developed and execute global cyber security awareness month program across the enterprise. Support monthly vulnerability testing on all current social engineering tactics to secure the human firewall. Program received the 2017 CSO50 Award and Kimberly-Clark’s CFO Award.
Marketing Specialist • Randstad (Microsoft), 03/2015–03/2016, Alpharetta, GA
Supported field sales teams in the marketing of Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions to Public Sector customers (healthcare, education, state, local & federal government), who were empowered to achieve more. Project managed and coordinated partner and Microsoft events, marketing communications, collateral, integrated campaigns and webinars. Responsible for pipeline management, content development and coordinated demand generation project requests from Public Sector sales teams.
Consultant • Marketing Consultants of Atlanta, Inc. (MCOA), 02/2000-present, Atlanta, GA
Develop and implement marketing and communications plans, media and community relations, positioning and rebranding while launching first time initiatives and navigating today’s rapidly evolving, socially-driven digital landscape for the following clients:
- Creative Excellence Marketing Solutions – Copywriting for 2017 digital campaigns, internal communications, training materials, toolkits, email campaigns and website content.
- The Collaborative Firm – Created 2015 proposal for transportation and community engagement RFP.
- Foremost Family Health Centers (Dallas, TX) – Marketing and communications plans, re-branding, website development and content, social media, signage, collateral, PR, media outreach, Balch Springs, TX center launch, CEO speeches, newsletters, HIPAA docs and toolkits.
- Bronner Bros. Enterprises – PR Consultant – Media outreach, web and social media content and press management.
- Multicast Media Technologies dba Piksel – PR, web content, blogs, newsletters and email campaigns.
- 100 Black Men of America, Inc. and 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc. – Marketing & PR Consultant – Program development, digital marketing, web content, PR, magazines, annual reports, CEO messaging, advertising and event marketing.
- Joseph E. Lowery Institute – Marketing/PR Consultant – Fund Raising Concert featuring Aretha Franklin.
- Physicians Practice S.O.S. Group – Marketing/PR Consultant – Digital marketing and communication strategies and plan, re-branding, website content, collateral and event marketing.
- Entrepreneur Development Network – Consultant – Website content, collateral, re-branding and event marketing.
- AICG – Marketing Consultant – Developed inaugural Next Level Conference for The Business School at Clark Atlanta Univ. Created marketing campaign, sponsorship and registration packages.
- D&E – Copywriter – Created brand-centric marketing communications and positioning. Developed strategic messaging strategy and wrote copy for website, brochures, flyers and sales letters.
- DLR Distributors – Project Manager/Copywriter – Managed re-branding initiatives and all marketing and communications projects, including web copy, brochures, flyers, presentation decks and sales letters.
- Perimeter College and Keller Graduate School – Marketing Consultant and Adjunct Professor.
Marketing Manager • Multicast Media Technologies, Inc. (Streaming Faith), 12/2006-10/2007, Atlanta, GA
Creative development and online delivery of 5 distinct E-Newsletters, producer of weekly radio broadcasts, developed corporate marketing and communications plan, including PR within 45 days of hire. Assisted with launch and created ongoing audience connections and social media opportunities for company’s comedy and gospel entertainment portals within 120 days of hire. Employer converted to client of MCOA.
Marketing & Public Relations Manager • 100 Black Men of America, Inc, 10/2003-09/2006, Atlanta, GA
Created marketing department and the strategic execution of promotions, corporate communications, public relations, training and quality controls for 10,000+ member nonprofit that serves over 100,000 youth globally.
- Established strategic marketing direction, secured publisher, delivered marketing plan, published magazines and produced annual conference promotion and collateral for all departments within first 120 days of hire.
- Established marketing department, corporate communications plan, new website, quality controls, online marketing, toolkits and chapter training within 150 days of hire.
- Wrote external communications such as position papers, editorials, annual report, articles, collateral, news releases, website content and launched an effective marketing campaign that delivered record conference registration and media placement, within 180 days of hire. Employer converted to client of MCOA.
Assoc. Manager National Consumer Mktg Programs • The Coca-Cola Company, 10/1996-02/2000, Atlanta, GA
Managed the development and commercialization of marketing programs grounded in business, brand, consumer, and channel strategies that drove profitable volume growth. Project Leader on national consumer marketing programs for the following brands: Coke, Sprite, SURGE, Mello Yello, POWERADE, Fruitopia, Nestea, Minute Maid Juices, Cool from Nestea and DASANI.
- Responsibilities included agency creative briefs, concept and creative development, budget management, executive presentations and tactical execution of program elements including T.V., print, outdoor, radio, direct mail, packaging, prize fulfillments, channel extensions and POS.
- Successful collaboration with program partners including the NBA, Champs, Sports Illustrated, WCW and TNT.
- Project Leader and facilitator for the 7/99 Sprite PDE Training, the 7/98 Marketing Orientation and 1/97-12/98 Thirst For Knowledge, new hire classes.
Promotions Assistant • The Coca-Cola Company, 09/1994-10/1996, Atlanta, GA
Utilized company’s established project management methodologies to effectively manage national programs aimed at growing Non-Carbonated Beverage volume and ensuring favorable deployment of first times initiatives.
- Successfully developed and executed all 1996 retail national and regional programs in 4 months.
- Developed and managed the POWERaDE UTC media merchandising program which leveraged over $2.2 MM in incremental bartered media, enhancing the first UTC program in the sports drink category.
- On time delivery of all programs and projects, which required collaboration with Brand Managers, Legal, Promotional Services, POS Services, Consumer Affairs, Presentation Graphics, Advertising, Packaging Graphics, U.S. Olympic Committee, Baskin-Robbins, Blockbuster Music, AMC Theatres, T.G.I. Friday’s, NFL and Kellogg’s.
Manager Market Planning • BellSouth Mobility, 02/1991-04/1994, Atlanta, GA
Led national programs while demonstrating strategic thinking, multi-tasking, innovation, analytical, contract negotiations, performance improvement, technical and leadership expertise. Position required daily interfacing with senior management teams and thorough understanding of consumer mindsets and wireless technology.
- Editor of corporate newsletter and architect of motivational, sales, quality and new service education classes.
- Developed and managed 1st in-house promotion, that saved over $1MM in execution costs per promotion and systemically linked operations, technical, customer service, market planning, and corporate accounting’s functions and procedures.
- Managed secret shopper and reseller programs while delivering market research, competitive intelligence and consumer trend data to senior management.
Co-op Advertising Manager • BellSouth Mobility, 02/1989-01/1991, Atlanta, GA
Managed company’s co-op advertising program that included print, outdoor, radio, and regional sponsorships. Trained account executives, agents and retailers on corporate standards, promotions, competitive intelligence and new product launches. Produced and presented quarterly reports to senior management.
- Developed account specific extensions of national programs for all distribution channels.
- Established one-on-one relationship with agents and retailers within 3 months of taking position. Provided on-sight training that recharged the program and grew participation from 50 users to over 300.
- Developed a signage program that delivered visibility and continuity among agent locations across the US.
Account Representative • AT&T Communications, 07/1986-10/1988, Atlanta, GA
Exceeded company’s quality standard while successfully closing sales on residential and small business accounts.
- Achieved Mastery sales and service level during 1st year of employment.
- Backfilled for Team Leader with over 20-person team of sales and customer service representatives.