Turner Theological Seminary
Since 1894, Turner Theological Seminary remains committed to its motto “For a Prepared Ministry,” and delivers founders’ vision to be “an institution for the preparation of young men and women for every department of Christian work.” Graduates can be found in all areas of leadership in the church, college and seminaries and as civic and political roles.
The Turner Seminary was established in 1894 as a department of Morris Brown College and became Turner Theological Seminary in 1900. At that time, the Institution was named in honor of Henry McNeal Turner, the resident Bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1958, Turner Seminary became a founding constituent of The Interdenominational Theological Center.