Student & Community Life
The Office of Student and Community Life (OSCL) has administrative oversight for all student affairs with responsibilities that include:
- Promoting the spiritual, academic, and personal well-being of all persons in the ITC community.
- Enhancing the overall spirit of the school.
- Coordinates the rental of ITC apartments.
- Manages disability support services.
- Produces the annual Community Calendar.
The OSCL Director serves as administrative advisor to all classes (junior, middler, senior), male and female seminarians, the Student Christian League, Theta Phi Honor Society and other clubs and organizations. OSCL serves as an advocate for students.
Also, the Office of Student and Community Life coordinates a wide range of services, programs and activities, including community-wide outings, blood drives, information on available off-campus housing, scholarship educational opportunities, and limited employment opportunities, as well as local public school information.
This office collaborates with sister seminaries, the United Negro College Fund, and schools within the Atlanta University Consortium to offer programs and activities that complement the theological education experience. Late office hours are available Mondays to assist evening students with classes and community life items.
OSCL is pleased to collaborate with other ITC departments to offer a variety of activities including:
- Back to school socials
- Faculty Book Signings
- Mission/Outreach opportunities
- Spring Break activities
- Ecumenical Services – Late Night
- Tutoring for persons requiring those services
- Special programs and Chapel events